we all are aware of Roku media streaming player and its channel offered on Roku channel store. These pre-installed channels no doubt comprehend your needs but we can’t say will fully satisfy you. There are some private channels which need to be installed in your Roku player to upgrade to complete entertainment box. Under ‘Private’ channel, you will find a list of a number of shows and movies which are latest on the internet. If you are using Roku 4 and want to install private channel in it, then read the steps mentioned in this post.
Private channels are also a chunk of Roku channel but you can’t see them publically. These are offered with the help of 3rd party providers. This channel cannot be searched directly from Roku 4 remote. There you require a 4 digit secret code for its authentication.
If you search online, then there are more than thousands of private channels available which you can grab for your Roku 4 player. You can check on:
- John Green’s crash course.
- Boomerang News live.
- Khan Academy.
- NASA TB Hubble cast HD.
- TED talks and Adult swim shows
- Live local news.
- Live news from local areas.
- Universal sports network.
Adding more and more private channels to Roku 4 enhances your viewing experience. In order to stream Netflix on Roku, you need to install it first, then you will be able to watch content. Similarly, music apps like Pandora, Spotify, and other apps let you to access music on Roku channel. All these channels can be installed from Roku channel store. If for a minute, a channel for which you are searching for is not available in Channel store, then you will find this in Private channel menu.
Now, coming to the main point we are now going to discuss steps to add private channels to Roku app. You must read the steps first before implementing on your device.
- You need to search for channel code for private channel on Roku guide or Roku channel.com link.
- To start accessing channels, Your Roku 4 must be connected to Roku account. If you don’t have Roku account online, then first create Roku account. For any query or support, go to Roku.com page and check for issues.
- Go to ‘Manage account’ and click on ‘Private channel’.
- Insert code for that particular channel and submit by pressing ‘Enter’. You will get a message on the screen after this.
- You may get a prompt message on the screen for your channel submission.
- Click to return to my account page.
- Open Roku channel now and check the latest added channel. If you don’t find a new channel in the list, then refresh the channel list. You will then find the channel by clicking on channel store again.
- To perform update, go to ‘Settings’> ‘System’, then on update menu.
- Click ‘OK’ to exit the currently opened screen.
- Start watching your favorite content on Private channel.
This is how you can add a private channel to Roku 4 media player. If you are still having any doubt or problem, then don’t hesitate to call us at given support number.