Firstly we will discuss the steps to troubleshoot the buffering problem on your Roku device. Read all the below mentioned steps carefully so that you can able to understand at a first go only, otherwise read them twice.
- Restart your Roku media streaming device: To restart the Roku, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Turn off the Roku device by disconnecting it from the power supply.
- Wait for few minutes.
- Plug the Roku back into the power supply with the help of USB cable.
- Login to Roku account setup section link.
This will occasionally remove your problem, if you are still getting the problem, then the permanent solution is to remove the particular channel from the Roku list that is enfeebling your device performance.
- Restart your network modem.
- Check the speed of your network connection: The minimum downloading speed recommended for playing high definition contents on the Roku players is 10Mbps. To check you network speed, follow the steps explained below.
- Go to the speed test link from the internet browser.
- Click on ‘speed test’, then begin.
- The link will calculate your downloading and uploading speed and display the result on the screen in Mbps.
Some additional tips related to network: If you are using a wireless network for connecting the Roku player with the home network, then you must consider the walls, ceilings and floors that limit the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network. The distance between the router and Roku player in such obstructions should be minimum. Connecting too many devices on a same network also effects the network speed. If the connection is ok and you find that your Roku hardware like Roku remote not working or device itself not working properly, then you can take help from www Roku com link.
For better reception of signal, you can change the channel or frequency of your router and adapter. To change the settings, you need to contact your router manufacturer for step by step support.
These all are the troubleshooting steps for buffering issue, now we are going to discuss the steps for re-installing and removing the channel from the Roku channel list.
First step: Removing the Roku channel: To remove the channel, follow the steps described below:
- Go to home screen of your Roku player.
- Click on the channel that you want to remove, but do not click on enter.
- Press the asterisk key from your Roku remote with the channel highlighted.
- Tap on ‘remove channel’ icon.
Second step: Re-add the Roku channel:
- Move to home screen with the help of Roku remote and click on search. Enter the channel that you want to add. The channel will get appear at the top right of your screen.
- Click on ‘add channel’ and then the Roku device will automatically add the channel in the list.
- To view the channel, press the home button of your Roku remote and scroll through the channel list to find the recently added channel. You need to enter the Roku code for activation of channel. This code you can get from Roku com link code enter.
Third step: Activate the Roku device: As discussed earlier, activate the Roku device by proceeding onto Roku activation process link.