The developer had made a new codes earlier, which allowed the users to watch almost all channels. This addition had been made in version 1.5.0. Despite of new codes, some users had reported that they were unable to get the streaming URL’s on the screen and it was showing error message. The developer again fixed this issue by adding few more codes in next version i: e in 1.5.1.
All the users residing outside UK are continuously reporting about their inability to access UK channels after setting up Roku account setup properly. Somehow, if some have managed to open the list, it get them stopped after 2 minutes.
After enough pressure from UK broadcasters, FilmOn has done some changes on is servers. These are:
- Non UK residents cannot stream UK contents.
- Many channels are totally removed.
- Solution to watch high quality videos without paying a fee has also found out.
A latest version of FilmOn 1.5.2 is pushed to Roku players. No doubt, you can continue playing videos for more than 2 minutes with this update but you can’t enjoy high resolution videos on it. If you are having any problem in updating your Roku device, then log onto to www Roku com link. Other updates available are:
- 6.1: This update is now available on Roku store. This update has been designed keeping in view the interest of UK users.
- 7.1: Released earlier this month, this update is available both on Roku store as well as on your computer. You can transfer the ZIP file for this update from your computer. You may get error message while fetching a session key for this update but we recommend you to keep trying again and again.
- 7.2: If your Roku not working efficiently with the previous firmware and keep on displaying the URL error message, then you can remove this error by updating your software version from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2. This can also be downloaded as ZIP file on the computer.
The remaining patches are going to be rolled out in 1.7.7 version. You can download this update on your Roku device directly. This update has removed various bugs that are reported by US users. The main problem reported by them was unexpected crashing of app and inability to watch French channels on their device.
- 7.8: This update has removed all the bugs and issues related to missing lines that was being believed the reason for crash down of app on low resolution screens. This update is available for other devices as well, who are running the similar apps. If you want to download a ZIP file on a computer, then you need to type the URL of this update in the search engine. If you are not able to watch the contents now even, then this may be due to HDMI cable problem, check if you are getting any Roku hdcp unauthorized content disabled message on screen or not. If yes, then the problem is with the HDMI cable only.
Another benefit or we can say the pros of this update is that there are no advertisements included in this version, so it will not distract your mind in-between. Till yet, this app has been watched for more than 2.5 million minutes and donations received through it is only $10.