Today, in this blog post I am going to discuss the simple guide with you. In this guide, I will let you know the procedure to bypass the location limitation, which is prompting you to watch the US channels on Roku. You will not find any need to take help from official www Roku com link as this guide has already been tested in UK, France, Canada, and Germany.
Basics of American channels
The basic things that you need to do are mentioned below:
- Resetting your Roku.
- Sign up for a new account on Roku com link by using the DNS or VPN service.
- Set up your network by using any one of the above-mentioned
- Now log onto the new account.
- Add American channels from the list.
- Enjoy streaming.
VPN method to get American channels on Roku
The full form of VPN is a virtual private tunnel. This network will allow you to receive all the network packets from US servers. The following things you must know while using VPN server:
- All the data is encrypted with keys to prevent the ISP and government professional from spying on your PC.
- All the traffic will appear as if it is coming from US country VPN servers.
- All local stations like BBC or other news channels will stop responding at this point if you are connected to US servers.
- 10% bandwidth is sufficient for VPN service.
- There is a need of VPN enabled Router for Roku set up.
DNS method to get American channels on Roku
DNS method uses a different type of proxies for its operation. This technology doesn’t re-route your traffic and encrypts your data. It simply uses smart logic to re-route the traffic from relevant geolocation. DNS method is preferred to VPN due to the below-mentioned features:
- No encryption of traffic and no speed restrictions.
- You have the choice to watch Netflix on Roku and BBC on apple TV simultaneously. It means that this method supports multiple locations. If you find any problem in searching the particular channel, then you can take Roku help from the official Roku link.
- Easy setup for Roku. You only require to do sign in from the device and get DNS codes. These codes are used to enter in your
- If you are living in a country that supports DNS hijacking or transparent proxies, then you won’t be able to use smart DNS service at that place.
You can try smart DNS on your device by taking 7 days trial from the company. Just configure your router and start using it. You can easily find out the difference between two DNS providers after watching the channels.
How to set up American channels on Roku device outside of the USA
So at last, I can say that you must have got some good idea from this blog on how to set up Roku account from America and enjoy channels on it. I want to mention one important thing here that you will require a Roku remote for adding the channels, if your Roku remote not working, then get it checked by the service expert and get it repaired otherwise, you won’t be able to enjoy the American channels on your Roku device.