Troubleshooting Roku com link Activation: While activating your Roku device or channels, you might face some of the issues. So, don’t worry we have come up with a small guide that will help you in troubleshooting the Roku Com Link activation issues at home.
Roku is a wonderful device that lets you stream unlimited content of your choice. Before you start using the device you need to activate it and also you need to activate your channels of Roku. While doing this if you encounter any issue so here are the some of the troubleshooting steps that you can follow if you encounter any issue:
Preventing Unauthorized Usage or Purchases from your Roku Account
There is a payment which is linked to your Roku account so that you can buy subscriptions for the channels or rent the channels or any other purchases from Roku channel store. But anyone can make purchases if he or she knows the details of your Roku account. Even anyone can hack your account. You can prevent this by creating aa PIN which is a Personal Identification number. Once you have created a PIN, then it will be necessary to enter this if you want to make any purchases with the Roku Channel Store. For creating the PIN follow these steps:
- Go to my Roku com on your tablet or smartphone.
- Login to your Roku account if you are not already logged in.
- Under the option of PIN preference, select the option of an update.
- Select the PIN preference from these three choices-Always to require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store, always require a PIN to make purchases, and A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
- If you select from either of first two options, then you will be prompted for creating a PIN. You will need to enter a 4-digit number in the PIN and select the option of verifying PIN for confirmation.
- If you already have any PIN, then enter that PIN in verify PIN field.
- Select save changes and agree to terms and conditions of the service.
Entering Invalid PIN at the time of signing up for Sling TV or Hulu
Roku devices access the Roku Channel Store for adding new channels. Some channels are free and some need a subscription just like Sling TY and Hulu. You can also be asked for entering a PIN while signing up for these channels. If your Roku account needs PIN for making purchases then you will need a PIN while signing up for these channels. If you see an error message Invalid PIN code after entering your PIN, then try to enter it for the second time. If the message still comes, then there are chances that your Roku device has been affected by a service issue that will be resolved soon.
But for completing the sign-up process before the permanent solution arrives, you will need to configure your Roku account temporary so that you will not any PIN for making purchases. For doing this access the option of preferences and settings on your Roku account and select the option of A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store for your PIN preference. Save all the changes and return to your Roku device and complete the process of sign up. When the process is finished, go again to the preferences and settings and configure your account to require a PIN for making purchases.
So, these were the issues that you can encounter while activating Roku com link and by following the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps.