Roku itself is an excellent device for streaming a large amount of HD content, but when people saw Firefox for Android, they saw the streaming process going to a whole new level. Watching videos is a lot more fun with this browser. There is a new screen casting feature allows you to send videos to streaming players such as Roku. With this, you get the ability to watch all the videos directly on your TV.
It is not that you can’t do anything else when you have started playing videos on your television, but you have the option to browse other webpages on the browser as well. You can even turn of your Android device, and nothing will happen to the video that is being played. If you don’t know how to use Roku and Firefox together, then this blog post will guide you.
If you are setting up Firefox on your Roku device for the very first time, then you must follow the below-mentioned information.
The first thing that you will have to do is add ‘Firefox channel’ to the channel list. This particular step needs to be done only once, and after the Firefox channel has been added, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The most important thing that you will have to check is that the Roku device and Android device is on the same Wi-Fi network. If there is any issue related to Wi-Fi connectivity, then log onto www support Roku com.
- After that, you have to launch Firefox on the Android device that you are using followed by visiting the website that has all the information of the video formats that are supported by Roku. You have to check whether Adobe Flash Player has been enabled on your Android device or not. If it is enabled, then you will have to disable it or uninstall it. This can be done by going to the Android settings menu. It will also avoid the app from overriding all the supported formats.
- Now, you will have to tap on any video that you want to play.
- After that, tap on ‘send to’ icon, which appears on the address bar or on the video player. If you are not seeing this icon and instead seeing advertisements, then wait till the advertisements get over as only then, you will be able to see ‘send to’ icon.
- Now, in the ‘send to’ device menu, you have to choose Roku. If Roku not working, then take help of Roku help and support.
- The video is going to play in a short span of time.
- You can easily pause or stop videos from your Android device. But, you will have to use certain controls that are given at the bottom of your Android device’s screen.
There is no need for Roku setup as that won’t come into play while streaming content from Firefox for Android to TV via Roku.
What about video controls?
You don’t have to worry about video controls as they are going to stay at the bottom of the screen at the time when the video is being played. You can easily browse other websites at the same time when the video is running. If your Android device gets off, even then, you have the ability to control the video that is being played by using your Roku remote. So, the options are there, and you just need to explore those out. If you found Roku HDCP unauthorized content disabled error while playing videos, then you can get it fixed by Roku support providers.