Call (TOLL FREE) +1-844-305-0087
For how long have you been using your Roku device? If it has been quite a while, then you must have realized that your Roku remote not working properly, right? After a certain period, the remote starts to malfunction.
The buttons become hard and no matter how much you press each one of them, they won’t respond appropriately. Finally, there comes a time when your Roku remote stops working. Sometimes, a new remote also stops working, which is hard to figure out. So, if your remote is new and still it is not working in the right manner, then there is some issue in the remote that is not related to the moisture, but it is something else.
There is any easy fix that you can do in a couple of minutes. There is no need to go through various blogs and forums where it is mentioned how to fix Roku remote. Instead of getting your remote fixed, the remote will completely be ruined. Here are the two things that you should not do at any cost:
- Perform a factory reset on your Roku device.
- Buy a new Roku remote.
To be very honest, a factory reset is not going to make any difference. If you are financially super-sound, then yes, you can go to the market and buy a new remote, but if you feel that your remote can be put back to its working state,
then you should follow the below mentioned steps:
- Take out the batteries from the Roku remote.
- There will be a purple button encircled in red in the battery compartment, you need to press that button.
- Take the power out from the Roku player and wait for 5-10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back to the Roku and wait until you see the Roku welcome screen on your TV.
- Put the batteries in the Roku remote.
- Remember that purple button? Press and hold it for 5 seconds.
- The Roku will boot at this time, so wait until the booting is finished
- Everything is done and your Roku remote will work just fine. So, you have fixed the issue without factory resetting your Roku device or wasting your money in buying a new Roku remote.
There is no need to feel disappointed or furious if the above-mentioned steps didn’t work out for you, as the problem can be related to HDCP Unauthorized Content Disabled as well. Many people tried these steps and their Roku remote wasn’t able to work. There is one more thing that you need to do, and it will take just 5 minutes. You have just spend 2-3 minutes performing those above-mentioned steps, so I truly believe that you can spend 5 more minutes as well. I would also like you to check whether your Roku update version is the latest or not. Sometimes, the problem with the remote can be due to the outdated version, thus causing Roku error or a malfunctioned remote.
Now, you need your smartphone because using it, you will go to the Roku Remote Control App or the Application store on your smartphone. Then, you have to search for ‘Roku Remote Control’. You can do it on both Android as well as iOS platforms with ease. This method is great when the remote for Roku not connecting. There is no denying to the fact that Roku Remote Control App is way lot better than the Roku Remote Control. This Roku Remote Control App gives you a decent backup when your remote is lost in the living room or your pet ruins it by chewing it.
So, these are the two methods by which you can get your Roku remote to a working condition. Besides the issue of a non-functional Roku remote, there are other things as well, which creates problem, these are Roku error code 001, 003, 011, 014. So, pay attention to these errors as well.