Have you bought Roku recently and looking to stream US shows on your device? If yes, then this is what you are going to discuss here in this blog post. You can easily configure your Roku device and watch contents from popular streaming channels such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and more without taking Roku help. Let us find out how it is possible.
Requirements for configuring the American Roku box: Following things are required for configuring the Roku box outside the US.
- Roku stick or box.
- A suitable DNS service that must work during the complete set-up process as well as during streaming from channels.
- A compatible router with DNS configured settings.
Now the steps for configuration are:
- Register the device on fully compatible DNS service: You need to follow this step if you want to connect the Roku box outside the US. Yes, if you have performed this step earlier, then there is no need to repeat it, switch to next step simply. If you have not registered your DNS online, then you have an option to choose 14 days trial package from the getflix now app.
- Configure router with the DNS service: The key steps to configure the router with the DNS are:
- Go to the router manufacturer site and read all the instructions related to DNS set up carefully.
- Log in to the account by acting as an administrator.
- Search for the manual DNS settings on the page. You will get it in the ‘advanced’ tab of your DHCP settings.
- Enter the DNS address manually by copying from getflix
- Set up a Roku account: The next step is set up a Roku account on www Roku com link. An important thing that we would like to mention here is that your existing Roku account will not work with the DNS service, so you need to create a new account for this. If your Roku device is not working efficiently with the installed DNS settings, then this can be one of the reasons behind it.
- Connect Roku to the supply: Unpack the Roku from the box and connect it to the power supply with the help of power adapter. Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the screen. If your Roku not working even after connecting with the power supply, then check the adapter and USB cable properly. You may not have fixed it properly into the device.
- Follow the setup instructions: The set-up instructions will start appearing on the screen once you connected the Roku to the TV. Read these instructions carefully and implement them in the same order and sequence. If you find any problem in understanding the terminologies on the screen, then you can go to www support Roku com
- Link your Roku device with Roku account: Now the final and the last step to complete the Roku account setup process is to link the Roku device with the new Roku account. For this, you can follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Switch on your router and PC, the one on which the DNS settings are configured.
- Open the Roku com link and click to get a verification code.
- Click on ‘link a device’ option from the page and you will be directed to the activation page.
- Type the short link code in the space and press enter.
This is all about the setup process, if you have successfully installed DNS settings on your Roku box, then you will be able to watch contents from the US streaming channels to the TV, else you need to contact Roku customer support for help.