Roku, one of the premium streaming devices available in the market. With the help of this device, you stream any content from anywhere on your TV and even on your smartphone or tablets. For activating your Roku device, you need to link it with your Roku account. You Roku account holds the information of channels owned and installed along with your preferences and settings. It is necessary to have a valid email address associated with your Roku account so that your account can be managed and important notifications cab is received.
Activating Your Roku
- Follow the quick start that comes with Roku.
- For connecting Roku to wi-fi connection complete the on-screen instructions.
- Your Roku player will then display a Link Code.
- Note this code and go to the website of my Roku com Link.
- On the website, you will need to enter the Roku Link Activation Code and after that click on Submit.
- Now follow the instructions on the website for creating a Roku account or you can also log in from your existing Roku account.
- For activating your Roku, it is necessary to complete all the steps of activation otherwise, your device will not be activated.
- While creating Roku account, you will need to provide a payment method. The payment method will allow you to buy the subscriptions to the popular channels, making purchases from Roku Channel Store, and rent or buy TV shows or movies.
- Adding a payment method will not outcome in any change in your account.
- You will only be charged for the additional steps that are always required when you make any purchases like for signing up for a subscription, adding any channel from Roku Channel Store, or renting or buying any movie or any TV show from Roku Channel Store.
- A PIN can also be created that will prevent the unauthorized users in your home from purchasing any item. You can also take the help of experts at Roku if you need while adding any payment method or creating a PIN.
- When the activation process of Roku will complete, then your Roku device will be ready to use.
Issues while linking Roku
Error while entering link code on the website
If you see any error while entering the code, then try to enter it again for the second time. There may be a typing error or temporary errors like network or system error. If the issue is still there then:
- Go back to your Roku device and click on Help > Get a new code.
- Once the new code is displayed return to my Roku com link site and enter the new code.
Roku device is stuck on link code screen after entering the code
Sometimes it can take a while to complete the activation process, so please wait for few minutes. But if the issue Is still there, then follow these steps or you can also take help from www Roku com link:
- Firstly, ensure that you have completed all the steps on the website so that your device can be activated. All the steps need to be completed for activation of your Roku device, otherwise, it will not be activated.
- If you see Error 001 and the message not connected at the upper right corner of the TV screen, then it means that your Roku device is not connected to the network connection.
- For connecting select the option of Try, again and again, follow the linking process.