Today, in this blog post we are going to make you familiar with the steps through which you can delete the channel from your Roku device. In case you find any problem, then you can go to the official www Roku com link from your computer.
The process to delete a recently added channel of your Roku player is very simple. There are two ways to delete the channel. One way is by deleting the channel online and another one is by removing it from the Roku itself. Both the ways are easy and simple to implement. It is recommended to delete the unwanted channels from your Roku player otherwise, this may bog down your Roku player. If you find that your Roku starts working abnormally or getting sluggish, then immediately remove unwanted channels from its list. For more help and support, visit Roku com link. We will discuss both the methods one by one. You can go with any one of them according to your preference or choice.
Now we are going to discuss the process to remove the channel from Roku itself:
- Pick up the Roku remote and press the home button from it. If the home screen doesn’t appear, then check the Roku remote. If Roku remote not working, then first change the batteries of it, then diagnose it further.
- Once the home button gets clicked, all the channel list will get displayed on the screen.
- Locate the channel, which you want to delete with the help of arrow button on the remote. You will find these arrow buttons on the center of Roku remote.
- Now click the asterisk button also known as ‘option’ button from the remote instead of clicking ‘ok’.
- You will find ‘remove a channel’ option in the list of options. Click on it.
- Roku player will ask you to confirm your removal. Click ‘remove’ to confirm it. In case you find any problem, you can go to Roku support link directly.
- After removing a channel, you will no longer able to stream the contents from that particular channel.
- If you want to watch the contents from the same channel, then you need to re-download it again from the Roku channel store.
The process to remove a Roku channel online:
- The very first and the foremost step to delete channel online is sign onto your account by browsing the Roku sign-in page.
- Tap on the Roku channel store for locating the channel.
- From here, delete the channel that is approved by the Roku itself. If the channel is private, then you won’t be able to delete it. If you encounter any problem while deleting a channel online, go to Roku help link and open the guide page.
Some of the private Roku channels updated on the Roku channel list includes HGTV, BBC, HBO go, Picasa web, PBS nature and crackle and much more. This list updates after every one month and the updated list is available on Roku link.
Important: This method of channel removal applies on all the Roku players like Roku2, Roku 3, Roku 1 and media streaming stick. If you still have any doubt in your mind, then do reply us in our feedback section. We will be happy to help you in a better way.